General Science Questions and Answers Set-2- General Science Questions for SSC exams, Railway exams and all other competitive exams.
General Science Questions and Answers Set-2
1. The reaction of copper sulphate and iron produces Iron Sulphate and _______.
(c) Baking soda
2. Acetic acid is another name for which of the following?
(b) Baking soda
(c) Copper Sulphate
(d) Magnesium Oxide
3. The process of depositing a layer of any desired metal on another material by means of electricity is called ______.
4. A _______ thread is actually stronger than a steel wire.
5. Bee string contains _____.
(a) An acidic liquid
(b) a salt solution
(c) an alkaline liquid
(d) a corrosive liquid
6. The Highest percentage of carbon is found in which form of coal?
7. Which of the following is not a donor atom?
8. ______ gives hardness to stainless steel.
9. Which of the following is not soluble in water?
(a) Lead Sulphate
(b) Zinc Sulphate
(c) Potassium Sulphate
(d) Sodium Sulphate
10. Activated charcoal is used to remove colouring matter from pure substances by ______.
For more quizzes like this- click here
11. 0 K is equivalent to –
(a) 2730 C
(b) -2730 C
(c) 00 C
(d) 1000 C
12. Chernobyl disaster is the result of pollution by _______.
(a) Oil spill
(b) Acid rain
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Radioactive waste
13. Heat is transmitted from higher temperature to lower temperature through the actual motion of the molecules in –
(d) Both conduction and convection
14. Silica gel is a –
(b) Flavouring agent
(c) Drying agent
(d) Delicious food
15. Which of the following is a radioactive element ?
16. Ultraviolet radiation in the stratosphere is absorbed by –
17. All isotopes of the same element have ______.
(a) different atomic numbers and different atomic mass.
(b) different atomic numbers and the same atomic mass.
(c) the same atomic number but different atomic masses.
(d) the same atomic number and the atomic mass.
18. Silver gets corroded due to _______ in air.
(b) Hydrogen sulphate
(c) Carbon dioxide
19. Nitric acid does not react with-
20. The ‘solid waste’ is also known as
(b) Toxic waste
21. Which of the following gases is known as “Laughing gas”?
(a) Nitrous oxide
(b) Nitrogen peroxide
(d) Nitric oxide
22. The antiparticle of an electron is-
(c) Alpha particles
(d) Beta particles
23. Particulates (< 1 μm size) remaining suspended in air indefinitely and transported by wind currents are called
24. Which of the following is used as non-stick coating for cooking utensils?
25. The least preferred technique in the disposal of Municipal solid waste is:
(c) Land Filling